Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Table


This is the chrome table Mom and I "refinished". (we scrubbed it with WD40 Until the rust came off) Mike brought this table from SK long ago. When I first saw it, it was sitting in an old school bus at Ray and Adel's. After being brought to MB it sat in a grain bin for about 5 years at Mom and Dads. It was covered in rust and bird poop. (Don't worry, it was fully washed before use)

I am amazed it turned out as good as it did. I really like it. Trev isn't crazy about it, but being the wonderful man he is he puts up with me and my "reclaimed" furniture. Oh, if any of you see another chair like these let me know. I only have 3 and I would like 1 more.

Brook was a good little helper while we worked on the table. We gave her a wrench and see occupied herself for a long time.

4 comments:

Aunt Ruth said...

Great vintage table. I love it!

Coreen Berube said...

ooooh I like! Good work!

Harry and Nancy Pauls said...

The chrome table looks great in your kitchen. The monkey bars underneath will be fun for Brooklyn.

Mrs. Pauls said...

It looks great! I'm so glad you like it too.