Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 33 of 40

Ya, we got a bit of snow this week.

November 1st. I have been waiting for November 1st for a long time. Back in September when I was feeling the "nesting" urge to fill my freezer with casseroles and baking I decided to wait until today. I didn't think there was any point in eating freezer-burnt food in February because I couldn't control myself, so I made November 1st my "start organizing and planning for baby to come" start date.

I have to admit that I have been cheating the last few weeks. OK, I have been cheating since September. I have done more sewing, cleaning and list making than ever before. When I was expecting Brook there were so many other things to fill my time. There was summer camp, Trevor was candidating here in Boisssevain, we were house shopping, and getting our first mortgage. Sure, I was preparing for Brooklyn, but I knew there was another big change coming several weeks after her arrival, so preparing for her did not become all consuming like it has this time. Some days I feel like I am gonna lose my mind. I spend a lot of time praying for God to keep my mind directed, otherwise it feels like it is going off in 10 different thoughts at once.

So now it is time to cook, bake, clean and shop. Oh, and pick a baby name. Why are we having so much trouble this time?


Brook has learned to ride her stick horse "Charlie". It's the first toy she looks for in the morning.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Aww, Brook is sooo cute! Have fun with your "actual" baking, sewing and list making!