Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Us Lately part 3 - Random Happenings

We took a trip to Stienbach because Trev was taking a course at SBC, which gave the kids and I a chance to visit with Beth and Nora.  We stayed at the Days Inn so we got lots of swimming and visiting done.  Not much sleeping, but we had a good time.  Trev learned a lot too, which was the whole point. There were 3 big pieces of machinery parked by the highway, so the kids and I took some pictures.  Yes, they are in this picture, you just have to look hard.


We had a great impromptu family gathering at the farm about 4 weeks ago. Now that I think about it this was not the best picture to post, because it was a really fun time.  The kids got really dirty playing in the mud and generally exploring the yard.  Brook collided with a cousin on the trampoline and this was the result.  4 weeks later and she still has a little bit of a bruise.

 We were outside doing some yard work and I heard a bird, but I couldn't place it.  It raised the hairs on my neck and brought back memories of feathers in the ice cubes and being harassed about my pet choices.  Sure enough I turned around and there was a budgie perched on the back gate of the red trailer.  We tried to lure him closer, but he was unsure about us and eventually took off.  I didn't want a budgie for a pet, but it was pretty cold out and I was concerned for his life.


As a family we took a trip to the farm for a breath of fresh air.  I have to admit that living in Morden has been a bit of a challenge.  I feel a bit crowded, and although I am determined to love my neighbours, I don't always want to hear and see them.  I am looking forward to our tree's getting some leaves.  It is always great to go to the farm and take a deep breath.  Sometimes just driving up the hill on my way west out of town is refreshing.  I spent some time cleaning up the horses and enjoying Mom's cooking.  Trev sat on the deck and read a book.  Brook and Jack jumped on the trampoline until they were exhausted.  We celebrated mothers day on Sunday, but I think monday was really the day I enjoyed the most.



We made smores over the BBQ.  There was marshmallow EVERYWHERE. It was worth it.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the company.