Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rest


Wow! Last night Brook slept for the entire night! I had forgotten what it was like to stay in bed for more than 4 hours at a time. I put her to bed at 11 pm and she woke up at 7 am. This morning we are both alive, awake, alert, and enthusiastic. I know it likely won't be a regular every night occurrence, but hey, we'll take what we can get.

My body is definitely not used to that much sleep at one time. I woke up with a bit of a headache. The kind of headache that I used to get on Saturday mornings when I was a kid and I had slept for 14hrs. (those days are long gone)

I am a little bit .... paranoid at times. I wake up during the night looking for Brook in the bed, thinking that she is wrapped up in the blankets somewhere. Eventually I will wake up enough to realize that she is in the crib across the hall and I can stop searching. Well, last night I woke up at her regular feeding times, and laid in bed wondering when she would wake up. Finally at 6:30 in the morning I had to make sure she was OK. I snuck into her room and she was fast asleep. She was so asleep that I had to put my hand on her chest to feel her heart beat to know she was alive. She had a wonderful deep sleep. I had a good sleep too, just a little interrupted.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those things are so totally normal! I remember many many nights waking up worried that Noah was in bed with us or that Steve had rolled over and squished him or something. And the checking to make sure she's still breathing - also very normal I hear. I'm sure you're doing a great job as Mom!!