Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting Older - Rant


We had a lot of dragonflys in our backyard today. They are beautiful.




I think I am getting older. It has been bothering me the last few months. I turn 30 in December, and unfortunatly I am letting my last year of being twenty something be ruined by my upcoming birthday. I never thought of myself as a person that worried about worldly things like age, but that was before my first gray hair. Before my daughter could say "Mom, you old?" Before I could see the wrinkles starting. I know, those of you that are over 30 or 40 are shaking your head at me right now, but it is starting to bug me. Ive never really noticed my body starting to turn on me until this last year and I don't like it.

It didn't help that Beth told me that only old people email. Apparently your supposed to text now. I don't even carry a cell phone. I am so slow at texting that it is embarrassing. I avoid it like the plage. Anyway, that is my rant. Old and out of date. Sagging and stretching. I guess I'm just feeling a little worn out today. Thank goodness my birthday is not what really matters. I guess I need to stop pulling out my gray hairs too.

Proverbs 16:31 "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life".

2 comments:

Harry and Nancy Pauls said...

Try and catch me. At 60 everything still works so I'm happy.
Dad

Harry and Nancy Pauls said...

The pictures of the dragonflys are very beautiful. They are such a perfect example of the diversity of creation. Only God would make a critter with lines like that and then make it fly too!
I think that you are not the only one of your group of friends who is beginning to see 30. Look what you have done since becoming 20. Visualize the changes in your family by the time you're 40...its very exciting to look ahead.