Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Tiny Party

Brook and I went to a baby shower evening. As we were getting ready she was quite concerned that her pretty pink dress would get wet while we gave Jack a shower. I had to reassure her that it was not our baby's shower but rather a baby party. She seemed happy with that explanation. A few minutes later as I was dressing Jack she said, "Mom, is Jack coming to the tiny party too?" I explain that it was not a baby sized party, but a party for a baby. Who knew two words together could be so confusing. While we walked home from the shower she asked, "Mom, where's the party"? I guess a bunch of old ladies sitting around looking at baby clothes does not count as a party for Brook, even though there were cupcakes and balloons.

1 comment:

Aunt Ruth said...

too funny!!! words are great aren't they!