Friday, March 13, 2009

God Used A Blanket

Ya, it almost looks like I have taken up quilting doesn't it. I know this is likely the uglyist blanket you have ever seen, but don't judge it quite yet.

I needed a hobby so I started sewing blankets for MCC. Gwen Martens (from Boissevain) provides me with the materials and I sew it all together. It would be nice if every blanket I made was as beautiful as ones my Mother makes, but this will do.

It was a lot of fun. I would like to say that I started just for the person that needs a blanket to sleep under, but in reality I needed a project that cost very little, was somewhat mindless, and that I could leave lying around when I didn't have time for it.

I found that most of the time I spent sewing I was thinking about where this blanket was going to end up and who was going to need it. I prayed a lot for that person and the situation they were in. I can't imagin being in need of something so simple as a blanket.

So, although I started sewing for me, I ended up sewing for someone else. I hope this blanket helps them as much as it has helped me. God has used this blanket already, and it hasnt even left my house.