Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 days

I have been having contractions for the last 3 days, but alas, no baby. I had a Dr appointment today and the Dr did a stress test on the baby and he/she is doing fine, but Mom and Dad are somewhat worn out from all the anticipation. I have received conflicting advice from Doctors and nurses, and I have decided to just listen to my body. I think I'll be able to figure out when the baby is coming. (t was pretty obvious the last time)

Tonight is Trev's last youth event before almost 2 weeks of holidays. He is in need of a break from all the youth and missions trip planning, so I really hope that the next two weeks are somewhat relaxing for him. I wish we could make some plans to do some fun and exciting things, but we just don't know what the next two weeks have in store, which leads me to my next thought.

Many people have asked me if I feel a kinship with the Nativity and story of Jesus being born, and I have to confess I haven't yet. I have had another thought on my mind (which is a miracle considering my sleep deprived self). Thought: If I waited for Jesus to return with the same anticipation that I wait for this baby if it would change the way I live my life. How am I living in anticipation? Am I dedicated to being prepared? Do I make sure my house is in order and my "spiritual bags" are packed every night? Am I in a right relationship with God or am I just hoping things work out on that day? Just some things Ive been considering. How can I prepare daily to meet Jesus?

1 comment:

Aunt Ruth said...

Very thot provoking!We need to be ready with anticipation of Christ's return. Thanks for sharing your thots.

HAPPY PUSHING!!!!
Luv ya.