Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Pictures from November & December

19 days till due date. I can count the number of days left on my fingers and toes, not that I can reach my toes. Things are going well. I am getting uncomfortable and impatient, but I just keep reminding myself that this baby gets a little bigger and stronger everyday and that is what is important right now. Trev and I are both looking forward to this little ones arrival. Trev is planning on taking his last week of 2010 holidays once this baby shows up, which I am hoping will be a little bit relaxing for him.

My birthday was on Dec 4th, so yesterday Trev took me to Brandon for a birthday date. It was so nice! He made all the arrangements, got the baby sitter, made reservations for supper, and took me to a movie. All I had to do was decide what to order at the restaurant. We had a great time. It kept haunting me all night that it would likely be a while before we have another date like this, but I fully enjoyed it.

The picture below is of my birthday/christmas present from Trev. He made me this beautiful headboard for our bed. I had shown him a few pictures of what I liked and this is what he came up with. I love it! We are still trying to decide if it should be stained to match the other bedroom furniture, but for now I am just admiring it the way it is. What a talented husband hu?!! (He wants to make a bed frame yet to bring the bed up a few more inches, but that will be a project for another time.)
A few weeks ago we got together as a family to celebrate Dad's 60th Birthday. We had such a good time. The next few pictures are from that weekend. We visited and made cards and shot guns and decorated cupcakes and generally ate far too much. What a full house! we are now 17 people (soon to be 18) when we all get together at mom and dads. 8 of which are children. We all stayed the night on Saturday and filled that house almost to capacity. (There is always room for more it seems)





Nope, Milo is not dead, but he has taken up his winter post at the heat vent just like last year. He spends his days sleeping by the heater, sleeping in the sun, sleeping in the basement in dark corners and skulking around the kitchen while I prepare meals waiting for me to drop food. (I don't bend over very quickly and he knows it)

2 comments:

Janine said...

Yipee, that's so exciting! I will be praying that all will go well! I love your headboard! Trev did an amazing job!

Aunt Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of the party. I was sad I could not be there because of the snow storm.
The head board is quite lovely!!!