Friday, December 17, 2010

7 days


Ive been doing some crocheting to try to keep my mind busy the last few days. I still want to make a fleece liner for this toque, but I thought I would share some pictures of Brook with her headgear on. I put it on her and the first thing she said was "I no like it". Trev and I made a big deal about how nice she looked in it and now she tolerates it being put on her head. Funny kid.

All we hear lately is "I do it". She wants to do everything we do and doesn't want any help. For some reason this week she wants to wear a dress all the time, so Ive been putting her summer sun dresses over her clothes. I had one of her play blankets and I asked her if she wanted to wrap her baby. She came over to me and layed the blanket over my stomach and said "wrap baby?". She gets the idea...kinda. I am excited about christmas because I think she is really going to enjoy it this year.


So the Dr told me a week ago that there was no way I would make it to my due date, let alone my next Dr appointment before giving birth. My Dr appointment has come and gone and I wish he wouldn't have told me anything. I have been sitting around waiting to go into labour all week and it is driving me crazy. Poor Trev is glued to his cell phone waiting for me to call. Technically I still have 7 days until my due date, so I am going to live the next week as if I am going to go full term or even over due. There is no point in wasting one more day waiting around for this baby to show up. We'll have plenty of time with the baby when he/she shows up, whenever that may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doctors or ultrasound technician should never ever give predictions on when your baby should be born. It only makes the waiting harder!!!!

Brian and Melissa Degelder said...

I agree with Rachel... Dr.s should give us a due week as opposed to a due date so we don't sit there waiting!!! The days after my due date I was a wreck waiting!!
ps. super cute hat!!! way to go!!!