Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Funny Things Brook Said or Did Today

Brook "Mom, I watch croutons?"
J: "You want to eat croutons?"
B: "WATCH croutons"
J: "? ... Oh, do you mean cartoons?"
B: "Ya, I watch carntoos!"

I have been bathing the kids together to save time, water, and to provide some bath time entertainment. Brook has been so good with Jack, but for some reason this evening she poured an entire cup of water on his face. She didn't seem to show much remorse even after being told it was wrong. (Jack didn't even cry, I think he may have liked it)

She asked "what are you doing" about 40 times today. Finally I forbid any more rhetorical questions. How do you explain "rhetorical" to a 2 year old?

I was putting Jack down for a nap this afternoon and Brook came into his bedroom.
B: "Mom, whatcha doing?"
J: (whispering) "putting jack to sleep"
B: "Mom, his eyes open."
J: "You go read some books, I'll come in a minute"
B: "Mom, He crying too"
She is always so good at pointing out the obvious.

She called the hockey stick a "Hockey Sticker".

Asked "where's Dad", "Where's Sam", "Where's (fill in the blank)" about 40 times today.

After her bath we always have bedtime snack which lately has been canned fruit. Brook was getting the open can of peaches out of the fridge and just as I walked around the corner I watched the paper label slip off the can and the can of peaches landed, SPLAT, flat on the bottom of the open can. Not one peach spilled, but ALL the sticky syrup popped out of the can and all over the kitchen. It was even on the ceiling. (She needed another bath)

At breakfast she asked for a cup of coffee.

Put her dolls to bed, told them to have a good night, then stood up, wagged her finger at them and told them to "stay in bed or spank you". Wonder where she heard that?

3 comments:

Harry and Nancy Pauls said...

Write a book. Very funny. Good memories.

Brian and Melissa Degelder said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! so funny!!!

Coreen Berube said...

THis age is just priceless :) My girls mothered their dolls just as I mothered them - quite entertaining to watch for sure....and a bit humbling too! THanks for sharing!