Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Sleeping Woes

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I took a break from my "cry it out " experiment because I was loosing my mind. I am realizing as much as I wanted to parent with my brain, my heart couldn't take it. I was a wreck from leaving him to cry. Trev was coming home to an emotionally frazelled woman. (That's right...frazelled)

This week has been much better. The last two days he has had a 2 hour afternoon nap! I took a lot of your ideas and decided to let him cry for 6 minutes (because that seemed to be the point of no return) and then rock him to sooth him, then put him back down awake and repeat. This evening I only had to rock him twice. The 3rd time I layed him down he went "WAAA", and was quiet. I had to check on him because I thought he had died or something. Sure enough, he had decided it wasn't worth the effort and gone to sleep. Yay! Hopefully we will have some long term sucess. Thanks again for all your encouragment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You persevered!!! Great job!

Brian and Melissa Degelder said...

YEA!!!! I'm so happy for you! Way to go!